魔法觉醒(A Discovery of Witches) 第01季 第02集 第14期

发表时间:2019-01-13内容来源:VOA英语学习网

世界上还存在着许多生物 There are still plenty of creatures in the world.

我的时间概念和你不同 I have a different sense of time to you.

人类在谈论气候变化的时候 When humans talk about climate change

通常会这么说 that's exactly the argument they use.

"极地的冰盖得等上好多年才融化 "Oh, the polar ice caps will take so many years to melt.

我才不在乎" Who cares?"

我还记得泰晤士河每年冬天都结冰的时候 I remember when the Thames iced over every winter.

我会去河上滑冰 I used to skate on it.

你说的也有道理 You're right though.

灭绝的确不是迫在眉睫的事 It's not going to happen immediately, tomorrow,

但苗头已经出现了 but it's already begun.

终有一天世界上将只剩下一个种族 One day, there'll be just one species.

人类 Humans.

一开始 他们也不会察觉到任何异样 And at first, they won't notice the difference

因为他们从没注意到我们 但慢慢地 because they've never noticed us, but, gradually...

他们终将意识到 eventually, they'll come to see that...

世上所有的魔法都消失了 all the magic has seeped out of the world.

当他们四下看时 And they'll look around them

人与人之间已经没有什么不同了 and everyone will be the same.

在你看来 我应该施展自己拥有的所有魔法 You think whatever power I have I should use?

我认为至少 I think at the very least

你不应该畏惧自己的能力 you should try not to be frightened of it.

尽管我也明白 Although, as far as I can tell,

只有两种情感维持着世界的运转 there are only two emotions that keep the world turning.

其一 是欲望 One is...desire.

其二则是恐惧 And the other is fear.

魔法是成真的欲望 Magic is desire made real.

我的姨妈常这么说 That's what my aunt says.

那本书是重写本 The book's a palimpsest.

旧的文字藏在新的下面 Old words hidden under new.

它很重 It was heavy.

有股气味 闻起来很怪 It smelt. It smelt odd.

有三页纸被裁走了 Three pages were cut out.

在我唯一看见的那页 The only page I saw

画着一个漂浮在倒覆的容器里的婴儿 showed a baby floating in an upside-down vessel.

也许是个炼金术婴儿 It was probably the alchemical child,

不过我从没见到过这样的描绘 although I've never seen it represented like that before.

谢谢你 Thank you.

我以为你是了解吸血鬼的 I thought you knew about vampires.

这也是你邀请我共进晚餐的原因 That's why you invited me to dinner.

我要找一本书 《阿什莫尔第782卷》 I need to get a book, Ashmole 782.

你要把书交到吸血鬼的手上吗 Are you going to give the book to the vampire?

我们这是去哪儿 Where are we going, anyway?

我家 My house.

你念咒召唤来《阿什莫尔第782卷》 Did you cast a spell to call up Ashmole 782?

你为什么和一个吸血鬼走的这么近 What are you doing hanging around with a vampire?

他可以夺走你的生命和记忆 He could feed off you, take your memories.

看看你打开那本书之后都发生了什么 Seen everything you saw when you opened up that book!

马修·德·克莱尔蒙特缠上了一个女巫 Matthew de Claremont's harassing a witch.

你的线人有没有告诉你她是谁 Did your source tell you who this witch is?

她叫戴安娜·毕晓普 Her name's Diana Bishop.

你躲着我们 却去寻求吸血鬼的陪伴 You shy away from us and yet you seek out vampire company.

我不是你这样的老顽固 I'm not a bigot like you.

你渴望得到她 You're craving her.

我尝起来是什么样 What would I taste like?

我一旦出击你便无法阻挡我 You wouldn't be able to stop me if I struck

我也无法控制我自己 and I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20190113/A-Discovery-of-Witches-01-02-14.html