侍女的故事(The Handmaid's Tale) 第02季 第13集 第03期

发表时间:2019-01-12内容来源:VOA英语学习网

出去 Get out!

布莱恩卫士 Guardian Blaine, sir,

我只想告诉你我很抱歉 I just want to tell you how sorry I am.

我们想带她回到通往上帝的路上 We tried to put her on the path to God.

真希望我能修正伊登的行为 I wish I could fix what my Eden did.

我也祈祷过我能帮她 I pray I could, somehow.

上帝仁慈 所有罪孽都将被原谅 By His mercy, all will be forgiven.

上帝保佑你 Bless you.

沃特福德大主教 沃特福德太太 Commander Waterford, Mrs. Waterford.

你们把伊登迎进你们尊贵的家 真是太仁慈了 You were so kind to welcome Eden into your godly home.

结果却是一个大错误 A grave mistake as it turns out.

换来的却是罪恶与欺骗 To be repaid with sin and deception.

是的 先生 Yes, sir.

我很惭愧 I am ashamed.

是啊 Yes.

伊登经常说起你的农场 Eden spoke a lot about your farm

说她非常怀念那里 and how much she missed it.

她想念她的家人 She missed her family.

她是我的生命之光 She was the light of my life.

失陪一下 Excuse me.

她有一颗善良的心 She had a kind heart.

你还有女儿吗 You have another daughter?

承蒙上帝恩宠 He has truly blessed us.

宜应称颂 Praised be.

一定要她从 Make certain she learns

她姐妹的罪孽中学到什么 from her sister's transgressions.

悲剧中往往蕴藏着希望 In tragedy lies opportunity.

好的 先生 Yes, sir.

伊登和那个男孩回家时她在家 She was home when Eden arrived with that boy.

我们马上就打给有关当局了 We called the authorities immediately.

是你举报的她 You turned her in?

这样坚定的信仰实属难得 That kind of faith is rare, indeed.

在你的家庭中体现得非常好 It reflects well upon your family.

上帝保佑你 大主教 God bless you, Commander.

愿你哀痛的时候主会给你力量 May God give you strength during this time of mourning.

-谢谢 -失陪了 - Thank you. - Go in grace.

他们来抓你女儿时你会怎么做 What are you gonna do when they come for your daughter?

注意你的语气 Mind your tongue.

女人之嘴如一个深坑 The mouth of a woman is a deep pit,

跌入之人必将受难 he that falls therein will suffer.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20190112/The-Handmaids-Tale-02-13-3.html