唐顿庄园(Downton Abbey) 第06季 第04集 第08期

发表时间:2019-01-12内容来源:VOA英语学习网

他大概有些事要考虑 I expect he's got something to think through.

不用可怜我 莫斯利先生 Keep your pity, Mr Molesley.

你比我更值得可怜 You need it more than I do.

你不用劝我说你母亲是对的 You don't have to tell me your mother's in the right.

我们不能公开争吵 We can't have a public quarrel

不然他们都会被要求退出董事会 or they'll both be asked to resign from the board

连我都不希望那样 and even I don't want that.

也就是说我不能让奶奶 Which means I'm not to make Granny

比现在更生气了 any angrier than she is already.

您过得怎么样 有什么新鲜事吗 So how are you? What's the news?

事实上 我还真有事要说 I do have some as a matter of fact.

你听说过一个叫希尔克罗夫特的地方吗 Have you heard of a place called Hillcroft?

在特波顿 It's in Turperton.

-是什么地方 -是所学院 - What sort of place? - A college.

开设对象是背景一般的女性 For women from modest backgrounds.

但要有资质 But clever women with potential.

-我是学院理事 -真有趣 - I'm a trustee. - How interesting.

我就知道你会这么觉得 I knew you'd think so.

我打算推荐你也成为理事 So I'm going to suggest you as a trustee, too.

巧的是 我们的财务主管就住在这里 Oddly enough, our treasurer lives up here.

这也是我来的原因之一 It's one of the reasons I've come,

好在唐顿见他一面 so I can meet him while I'm at Downton.

我们可以请他来做客 We'll ask him over.

他叫什么 What's his name?

约翰·哈丁 我喜欢他的事迹 John Harding. I like the sound of him.

白手起家 聪明 成功 Self-made, clever, successful.

跟你差不多年纪 And nearer your age than mine.

我能跟您说句话吗 夫人 Might I have a word, m'lady?

你得快一点说 我要迟到了 You'll have to be quick, I'm late.

是关于巴克斯特小姐 It's about Miss Baxter.

希望不是什么八卦消息 I hope this isn't gossip.

我想不是的 夫人 I don't believe it is, m'lady.

要是想让这些土豆认罪 You couldn't be harder on those potatoes

你已经对他们够狠了 if you wanted them to confess to spying.

我觉得好失望 I feel so let down.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20190112/Downton-Abbey-06-04-8.html