24小时(24) 第02季 第15集 第07期日

发表时间:2019-01-10内容来源:VOA英语学习网

用一个人的生命 总统先生 One man dies, Mr. President,

来确保百万人的安全 to ensure the safety of millions.

-杰克 -总统先生 - Jack? - Mr. President?

-去沙漠 -是 先生 - The desert. - Yes, sir.

杰克 我的幕僚说必须有一名飞行员牺牲 Jack, my people tell me that the pilot has to die.

反恐组也得出了同样的结论 CTU came to the same conclusion.

先生 炸弹必须在特定的坐标引爆 Sir, the bomb has to be put down on specific coordinates.

很抱歉 总统先生 但没有其他的办法了 I'm sorry, Mr. President, but there isn't another way.

谁来做这个飞行员 Do we know who the pilot will be?

我们有几位志愿者 先生 We have a few volunteers, sir.

全都很可靠 All of them good men.

不管是谁 告诉他 Whoever it is, tell him

全国所有人民都会永远感激他 he has the undying gratitude of every citizen of this country.

告诉他我们会负责 And tell him we will take care

他的全部家人 of whatever family he leaves behind.

是 先生 我会照办 Yes, sir. I will.

我随时待命 杰克 I'll be standing by, Jack.

飞机起飞后给我打电话 Call me back when the plane's in the air.

是 总统先生 Yes, Mr. President.

有趣 我可没看到什么志愿者 Funny, I don't see any volunteers.

你上次开飞机是什么时候 When was the last time you flew a plane?

我能驾驶它 并操纵它坠毁 乔治 I can get it in the air and put it down, George.

我也能 我现在没事 我也会驾驶 So can I. I'm current, I'm instrument-rated,

而且我今天之后本来就要死了 and I'm gonna be dead by the end of the day anyways.

问题是 你随时都可能会死 Problem is, you could be dead any minute.

我能再撑半个小时 这就够了不是吗 I can hang on for another half-hour, that's all we need, right?

乔治 如果你失去知觉 飞机没到沙漠前 George, if you blacked out and it went down

就坠毁的话 before it got to the desert,

很多人会因此丧命 我知道你也不想这样 a lot of people will die. I know you don't want that.

行了 杰克 Come on, Jack.

我知道你想做什么 I know what you're trying to do.

但我必须拒绝你 But I gotta say no.

古德里奇探员 我是鲍尔 他们选了沙漠 Agent Goodrich, this is Bauer. They chose the desert.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20190110/24-02-15-7.html