波达克(Poldark) 第03季 第09集 第02期

发表时间:2018-10-12内容来源:VOA英语学习网

有人看见法国人来了 The French have been sighted,

传言说他们要侵略 and there's rumours of invasion.

你肯定会举起大旗 No doubt you'll take up the flag

带队向敌人冲锋 and lead the charge against them.

成为领军人物 And become a leader of men?

我同意弗兰西斯爵士说的 I happen to agree with Sir Francis.

我见识过革命带来的混乱 I've seen what chaos revolution brings,

不希望康沃尔也遭遇那些 and I do not wish that on Cornwall.

我要去见德雷克 妈妈 I intend to visit Drake, Mama.

亲爱的 你知道 My love, as you know,

我不反对你见卡恩先生 I've no objection to your visiting Mr Carne.

他做着可敬的行当 He has a respectable trade

而且你似乎很喜欢他 and you seem fond of him.

但稍微等一阵 But delay a while --

乔治叔叔今天要从威斯敏斯特回来 Uncle George returns from Westminster today

他会希望我们陪他一会儿的 and I know he'd wish us to spend some time with him.

别忘了我们说好的 亲爱的 乔治叔叔 Remember what we agreed, my love. Uncle George...

"是一位善良慷慨的人 "Is a kind and generous man

只希望做我的合格父亲" who only wishes to be a good father to me."

虽然他对德雷克做的那些事 Even though what he did to Drake...

是错的 他肯定也后悔了 Was wrong. And I'm sure he regrets it.

但如果你和他吵起来 我会无比痛苦 But if you and he quarrel, it will distress me beyond words.

为了你 妈妈 我会有礼貌的 For your sake, Mama. I'll be civil.

特伦威兹领地边上的老铁匠铺 The old smithy on the edge of Trenwith land --

现在是谁的 who owns it now?

罗斯为他的妻弟买下了 I believe Ross purchased it for his brother-in-law.

那里非常棒 And very splendid it is!

你准许他去拜访 You permit him to visit?

对 是我的决定 Yes, that was my decision.

能有什么坏处 What harm can it do?

莫文娜已经嫁人了 Morwenna is wed,

杰弗里·查尔斯很快会回学校 Geoffrey Charles will soon return to school.

德雷克·卡恩怎么可能是个威胁 How is Drake Carne in any way a threat?

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20181012/Poldark-03-09-2.html