波达克(Poldark) 第02季 第08集 第06期

发表时间:2018-10-12内容来源:VOA英语学习网

谢谢 Thank you.

亲爱的德怀特 Dear Dwight.

我退还了你的信 我已认真读过它们 I am returning your letters, which I have fully digested

而且并未因此改变主意 and in which I find nothing to make me regret my decision.

你对病人和朋友的用心值得尊敬 Your preference for your patients and friends is estimable...

只可惜是牺牲了我 Had it not been at my expense,

否则我现在也不会要求你再也不要写信给我 I would not now be requesting you never to write me again.

但事实如此 But it was.

所以再见了 So adieu.

德梅尔扎 Demelza!

我一直想去找你 I've been meaning to call upon you...

感谢你这几个月来的好心 To thank you for your kindness these past few months.

把我丈夫借给你吗 In lending you my husband?

可以这么说吧 In a manner of speaking...

不客气 Oh, you're welcome to him!

只要你记得住他属于哪里 Jus so long as you remember where he b'long

等你完事 把他送回我身边就行 and send 'im back to me when you're done with him!

波达克太太 Mistress Poldark!

你丈夫再次逃脱法庭制裁 Another escape for your husband in court.

他的生活真是有趣 What a charmed life he leads.

看来是的 It would appear so!

给你的 小伙子 For you, young man.

乔治 你不能再这么... George, you must stop this...

还不许我宠坏我的教子吗 Cannot a man spoil his godson?

这新发现 意味着什么 This new find - what do it mean?

简而言之 In a word

毫无意义 nothing.

如果我们真发现了大量锡矿 Perhaps if we'd struck a massive bed of tin,

只需少量投入 就能很快得到收益 requiring minimum outlay and promising quick return.

但锡不如铜挣钱 But tin d' fetch less than copper.

少得多 Considerably.

再说 能有什么用 Besides, what good would it do?

锡业现在不景气 The tin industry's much depressed.

可惜 A pity.

是啊 There it is.

我提过我在集市上碰到了霍雷斯·特内格罗斯吗 Did I mention that I saw Horace Treneglos at the market?

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20181012/Poldark-02-08-6.html