全境通告(APB) 第01季 第05集 第27期

发表时间:2018-10-12内容来源:VOA英语学习网

造成至少32人死亡 It's killed at least 32 people.

大部分是孩子 And mostly kids.

我们知道那是什么 We're well aware of what hi-town is,

谢谢 Thank you.

我们也同样知道你们的突袭逮捕结果很糟 We're also aware that your bust resulted in a bad arrest.

其实 那个案子有新进展 Actually, there's been new developments in that case.

我们昨晚搜查了马库斯·克鲁兹的制毒实验室 We took down Marcos Cruz's cook lab last night,

以绑架和谋杀未遂罪名逮捕了他 and arrested him for kidnapping and attempted murder.

芝加哥不再有嗨镇这种毒品 真是 So no more Hi-town in chi-town. That's...

因此记者发布会 Hence the-the press conference,

我们说完以后就在大厅开始 which, it's gonna be out in the hallway when we're done.

所以我们需要再做一遍 So we're gonna do that again.

我想也是 我还能说什么呢 I think so, yeah. so what should I say?

我可以说你们办公室阻挠逮捕 I could say that your office is unraveling this bust,

好吧 作为你继续竞选的一阶段 All right, as part of your ongoing campaign

公然对抗13警区 against the 13th.

或者我可以说我们非常感谢你 Or I can say that we really appreciate your support

帮助我们昨天获得胜利 in our victory yesterday.

我不知道 你觉得呢 I don't know. what do you think?

我觉得你是个混球 I think you're a son of a...

这是勒索 简直是勒索 This is blackmail. it's blackmail.

现在 斯科特 Now, Scott,

说实话 to be fair,

你说我应该准备好再来参加这个会议的 you said that I should come to this meeting prepared.

我希望感谢 And I would like to thank

我好友市长塞尔加多提供的帮助 my good friend Mayor Salgado for all of his support.

里夫斯先生 市长到底如何协助调查的 Mr. Reeves, how exactly has the Mayor helped the investigation.

老天 他帮太多忙了 Oh, god, how hasn't he, is more like it.

听着 我们不和这已经不是秘密 Listen, it's no secret that we've had our bumps,

但在目前 but at this point,

我真的很高兴在市政厅还有个朋友 I'm just glad to have a partner at city hall.

那么这是否说明关于13警区 Does this mean that those rumors

遇到合法性问题的传言是否都是假的 of legal issues at the 13th are untrue?

当然不是 Uh, absolutely not.

不 我们非常满意 No, no, no, we're-we're satisfied that

在这个案子中 13警区完全有牢固的法律依据 the 13th district is on firm legal ground in this case.

我们也很欣慰 And we also appreciate that fact that

他们顺从我们的指引 They have followed our lead

打击了这座城市的毒品根源 in fighting the scourge of drugs in this city.

祝贺 你赢了 Well, congratulations. you won.

我不是要赢 斯科特 我只是在尽职工作 I wasn't trying to win, Scott. I was just doing my job.

为了他吗 For him?

为了警区 For the district.

对 当然是为了警区 Right, the district, of course.

你真正的家人 Your real family.

不像和你分离的那些人一样 Unlike the one you broke up.

你真是不可理喻 You are unbelievable.

但如果你真的特别想去 But if you really want to go there...

我要给你介绍本案的首席警官 I want to introduce the lead detective on the case.

没有她 我们查不了这么远 Without her, we would not be here.

墨菲 你能过来一下吗 Murphy, could you come over here for a second?

人们总是会说我在13警区 People talk about how much money

花了很多的钱 I spend in the 13th district.

我说的人们 是我的商务经理 And by people, I mean mostly my business manager

还有董事会成员 and the board of directors.

但真相是... But the truth is...

真相就是 像特蕾莎·墨菲警官一样 The truth is you can't even begin to put a price

辛劳工作的警官们的价值是无法估量的 on hard-working cops like detective Theresa Murphy.

到底有多大的价值呢 But what is that price tag, sir?

好吧 Well...

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20181012/APB-01-05-27.html