哈佛大学公开课《幸福课》:第370期

发表时间:2018-10-11内容来源:VOA英语学习网

The key when we do this is to maintain freshness.

关键是要保持新鲜感

How do we maintain freshness?

怎么保持新鲜感

One of the things that happens with this exercise is that it very often becomes a habit and we lose it.

这个练习的缺点之一就是它很容易变得一种习惯,失去新鲜感

We lose the freshness of it. We lose the mindfulness of it.

我们找不到新鲜感,无法用心去练

And we just take it for granted as an exercise.

我们把这种练习当做家常便饭了

And the key is, one of the things that Lyubomirsky says, well, try to do it once a week. For some people, once a week is actually better than doing it every day.

关键是柳波莫斯基说,一周做一次吧,对有些人来说,一周做一次比每天做会更好

However, there's also a price. It's much less likely to become a trait if we only do it once a week.

但是这样做是有代价的,每周练一次很难变成我们的一种性格

So how do we maintain freshness? Doing it every single day. How do I maintain freshness?

我们怎么保持新鲜感?每天都做,我怎么保持新鲜感

Well, fortunately, there's a lot of research on this topic- some of them by Lyubomirsky, as well as by others.

很幸运,有很多人都在研究这个问题,有些是柳波莫斯基做的,有些是其他人做的

The first thing is introduce the variety.

第一个方法是变着来做

So let's say I write about Sherial and there's something that I write about every day. It's Sherial my daugter, David my son.

例如我写Sherial有关的事,有些东西是我每天都写的,我女儿,我儿子

It's Tommy my wife. It's God. I write about these things every single day. And I write about other things as well.

我妻子,还有上帝,我每天都写这些东西,我也会写其他事

I can write about different aspects of these things. So one day I can write about Sherial's smile.

我可以写这些事的不同方面。某一天我可以写Sherial的微笑

You know her beautiful, one year old, toothless smile.

她才一岁还没有牙齿,笑起来很可爱

And another day I can write about the fact that she's taken her first steps now.

另一天我可以写她第一次走路

So vary. Or one day I can write about, focus... One week I can focus about my work.

变着来写,另一天我可以关注别的……这一周我可以专注写我的工作

Another week it can be mostly focus about personal things.

下一周我可以专注写个人私事

And so on. Variety really is the spice of life- makes a difference here.

诸如此类。变化是生活的调味剂,很有效

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20181011/594759.html