美语情景对话 第566期:What's for Lunch? 午饭吃什么

发表时间:2018-07-20内容来源:VOA英语学习网

Tom: What did you have for lunch?

汤姆:你午饭吃了什么?

Martin: I had a chicken bento.

马丁:我吃了一份鸡肉便当。

Tom: You brought it from home?

汤姆:你从家里带的便当吗?

Martin: No, I bought it here on campus.

马丁:不是,我在学校里买的。

Tom: In the cafe?

汤姆:从咖啡厅买的吗?

Martin: Yes.

马丁:对。

Tom: How was it?

汤姆:味道怎么样?

Martin: It was ok. It's better than most of the other food here and it wasn't too expensive.

马丁:还不错。比学校里卖的其他食物好吃多了,而且也不贵。

Tom: Do you eat here a lot.

汤姆:你经常在这里吃饭吗?

Martin: I try not to.

马丁:我尽量不在这边吃。

Tom: Why not?

汤姆:为什么?

Martin: It's a little more expensive and the quality isn't quite as good as I'd hope for the value.

马丁:价格有点贵,而且味道也不好,不太值这个价。

Tom: More expensive than where?

汤姆:比什么地方价格贵?

Martin: More expensive than a small restaurant or a specialized chicken place down in town.

马丁:比城镇里的小餐馆和鸡肉店里的价格贵。

Tom: Really? I agree with you about the quality but I thought it was quite cheap up here.

汤姆:真的吗?我也认为味道一般,不过我认为这里的食物非常便宜。

Martin: I just find I can find a little better deal sometimes in town and a lot better quality for about the same price.

马丁:我在城镇里找到了更好的地方,同样的价格可以吃到好吃的多的食物。

Tom: So about lunch, do you have lunch here?

汤姆:你经常在学校吃午饭吗?

Martin: Often? No.

马丁:你是说经常吗?不是。

Tom: What do you do for lunch?

汤姆:你午饭一般吃什么?

Martin: I usually go home and eat. I'm not on campus that often.

马丁:我经常回家吃。我不常在学校里吃午饭。

Tom: Ok, yeah. 'Cause I kind of get stuck up here from morning until evening so I'm eating there everyday.

汤姆:好。因为我一天到晚都待在学校里,所以我每天都在这里吃饭。

Martin: Everyday. Sorry to hear that.

马丁:每天。听到这个我感觉很难过。

Tom: What do you do for dinner, do you cook?

汤姆:晚饭你一般会吃什么?你自己做晚饭吃吗?

Martin: Yes I do, most often, usually just easy beef stir-fries or now and then go out...

马丁:对,我经常做,一般我会做简单的炒牛肉,有时我也出去吃……

Tom: Like chinese-style.

汤姆:中式食物。

Martin: Yeah. Easier to cook than Japanese-style.

马丁:对。比做日式食物要简单。

Tom: Do you shop everyday or do you go shopping once a week.

汤姆:你是每天都去购物,还是一周购物一次?

Martin: I usually shop every other day.

马丁:我基本上每天都购物。

Tom: Ok. So you like fresh food.

汤姆:好,所以你喜欢新鲜的食物?

Martin: Yes.

马丁:对。

Tom: Do you live on your own.

汤姆:你是自己住吗?

Martin: Yes. How about you?

马丁:对,你呢?

Tom: Oh yeah, I live on my own.

汤姆:我也是自己住。

Martin: That's always better sometimes.

马丁:这样有时候很好。

Tom: With my cooking, it's not better that I live on my own.

汤姆:我厨艺不好,所以自己住不太好。

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20180720/575179.html