路西法(Lucifer) 第02季 第01集 第15期

发表时间:2018-05-17内容来源:VOA英语学习网

好吧 All right.

那他的那些魔力呢 Then what about the weird mojo thing he does?

神经语言编程学 Neural linguistic programming?

暗示的力量 The power of suggestion?

他很小就开始研究这个了 Look, he studied it at a very young age.

虽然我不想承认 And I hate to admit this,

但他真的很擅长这个 but he's actually really good at it.

那你们俩是兄弟这件事怎么解释 What about the fact that you two are brothers?

拜托 你没听说过领养吗 Come on. You've never heard of adoption?

为什么 为什么他做这些事 Why? Why would he do all this?

你要明白的是 Listen, what you have to understand

他和我的童年非常艰难 is that my brother and I had a very difficult childhood.

为了应对那些 他给自己 And to deal with it, he created

创造了这个身份 路西法·晨星 撒旦 this persona for himself-- Lucifer Morningstar, the Devil,

无可救药 无人能敌 incorrigible and invincible.

所以他骗人了 So he's a liar?

克洛伊 他出发点是好的 Chloe, he means well,

但说到底 他只是 but in the end, the only person

自欺欺人而已 he ever truly lies to is himself.

戴克 Decker.

你追踪到了毒贩的手机 很好 You tracked our dealer's phone? Great.

我马上去 I'm on my way.

还有其他问题吗 Any other questions?

有 Yeah.

为什么现在告诉我这些 Why tell me all this now?

因为你应该知道 Because you needed to know.

我一周后醒来时 When I woke up a week later,

他们就写进去了一个花言巧语的邻居 they'd written in a... a wisecracking neighbor.

最好的台词全给他了 You know, he-he got all the best lines.

你真替他难过 对吧 Your heart goes out to him, doesn't it?

一个想在互助会上趁这些人最脆弱的时候 A dealer trying to find a buyer at an AA meeting,

向他们兜售毒品的毒贩 真是太卑鄙了 people at their most vulnerable-- that's really low.

是啊 我母亲应该根本不会在意这种事 Yeah. It's also not something my mum would even care about.

因为 真不敢相信我要说这话 Because-- and I can't believe I'm saying this--

杀手不是你母亲 the killer isn't your mother.

不幸的是 我觉得你说得对 Unfortunately, I think you're right.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20180517/Lucifer-02-01-15.html