翡翠鸟(The Halcyon) 第01季 第08集 第07期

发表时间:2018-03-25内容来源:VOA英语学习网

仔细想想 With all due respect,

这听起来像是会让托比烦心的原因吗 does that really sound like something that would trouble Toby?

您觉得为什么政治部一直盯着酒店 Why do you think Special Branch targeted the hotel?

戴波威尔先生帮过我们 Mr. D'Abberville has helped us.

戴波威尔必须离开 Mr. D'Abberville is leaving.

可能的话 今天 Possibly today.

如果不行 就明天 If not, tomorrow.

那你有什么证据 And do you have any evidence

能证明你这些荒唐可笑的指控呢 to back up these ludicrous claims?

夫人 不管您对我是怎么想的 Your Ladyship, no matter what you may think of me,

您知道我不会站在这里对您撒谎的 you know I would not stand here and lie to you.

你都骗了我多少年了 You've been lying to me for years!

给我丈夫打掩护 Covering up for my husband.

他在这里和他的情人们在一起鬼混的时候 Offering me tea in the atrium

在大厅里给我端茶送水 while he was up here carrying on with his mistresses.

你似乎忘了你的位置了 加兰德先生 You forget your place, Mr. Garland.

你在这里并不受欢迎 You're not welcome here.

要求用的巴西坚果 Demanded Brazil nuts.

是这样的啊 It's true.

奥哈拉先生 您在干什么 What are you doing, Mr. O'Hara?

我在为您的母亲起草一份演讲稿 I am composing a speech for your mother.

您想提什么建议就说吧 Feel free to throw in your two cents.

不 我来这里不是为了演讲稿的 我想谈谈她 No, I didn't mean about the writing, I meant about her.

她是指... Her being...

艾玛 Emma.

我们真的要谈这个了吗 We're having that conversation?

是的 Yes, we are.

好吧 那么 我尽可能礼貌的讲吧 阁下 Well, then, in the politest way possible, Your Lordship,

这跟您一点关系都没有 it's none of your goddamn business.

我要是不这么认为呢 And what if I disagree with that?

那好吧 我就明说了 你爱上她了吗 Fine. I'll make it simple. Are you in love with her?

您是个备受尊敬的绅士 I refer the honourable gentleman

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20180325/The-Halcyon-01-08-7.html