得州午夜(Midnight Texas) 第01季 第04集 第06期

发表时间:2018-03-14内容来源:VOA英语学习网

如果找到他 我付你五千美元 Find him, I'll pay you five grand.

但这也是我的特长 请进办公室详谈 And it's also my specialty. Please, step into my office.

你要离开多久 How long will you be gone for?

不久 工作在厄尔巴索 怎么了 Not long. Job's in El Paso. Why?

我在想你今晚是否愿意到我家吃饭 I was wondering if you'd like to come over for dinner tonight.

-女孩之夜吗 -博博也会来 - Oh, girls' night- And Bobo.

你为什么要邀请个电灯泡 Why would you invite a third wheel?

这正是你的机会 This is your chance to get some of that.

博博现在单身 Bobo's single now.

奥利维亚 他还没走出悲痛 Olivia, he's still grieving.

拜托 那个贱人已经结婚了 Please The bitch was married...

还嫁了个种族主义者 to a racist.

他不是在悲伤 He's not grieving.

而是受到了羞辱 而你就是 He's humiliated, and you're just the balm

他受伤心灵的慰藉 to soothe his broken heart.

他是我最好的朋友 我都不知该怎么做 He's my best friend. I wouldn't even know what to do.

首先 别穿这土得掉渣的裙子 Well, for one, no peasant skirts.

但我喜欢这裙子 But I like my skirts.

没错 Yeah.

但男人不喜欢 Men don't.

不想只做闺蜜 Want to be more than besties?

尖的都能织毛衣了 I could knit a sweater with those.

也别穿毛衣 And no sweaters.

特德回家看望父母的唯一原因 The only time Ted visits our parents

就是要钱 或者偷东西 is to beg for money or steal something,

但他现在失踪了 他们又很担心 but now that he's missing, they're beside themselves.

要我说 You ask me,

他可能和某个脱衣舞娘好上了 he's probably holed up with some stripper again.

我需要你弟弟的一样东西 I need something of your brother's,

对他来说有意义的东西 something meaningful to him...

给我一个通灵的媒介 to give me a psychic impression,

作为他目前所在的线索 a clue as to where he is.

当然 Sure.

这是泰德的尾戒 Ted's pinkie ring.

是上次借钱给他时我拿来的抵押品 I took it as collateral last time I loaned him money.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20180314/Midnight-Texas-01-04-6.html