BBC地平线 跨性别者(Being Transgender) 第26期

发表时间:2018-03-13内容来源:VOA英语学习网

你小时候 我有个好儿子 I had you, when you were just a young child,

之后在你转变的过程中 and then later on, in your transition,

我得到了一个美丽的女儿 I got a beautiful daughter out of it.

多棒啊 So, how cool is that?

我感觉... I feel like...

我的生命从25岁开始 始于这台手术 I'm just now beginning my life at 25, getting my surgery.

身为跨性别者并错误地拥有了某些身体部位 I feel like that's all I've ever thought about

这件事我思考了很久 and stressed out about, is me being transgender

也十分困扰 and having the wrong parts.

我这辈子从没这么高兴过 I am the happiest I've ever been in my life,

因为我一直在等待 because I waited...

一件自认为永不可能的事 生理转变 for something I thought would never be possible, my transition.

我经历了这么多终于能做变性手术了 I have come this far to get my gender reassignment surgery

我终于可以当自己是女孩 just so I can finally consider myself a girl,

因为一直以来 because I've lived so long

别人都把我当作男孩 being considered a boy from everyone else.

我觉得这是一个正确的选择 I feel that this is the right decision

而且会彻底改变我的一生 and will completely change my life.

莱斯特 莱斯特郡

对我来说 在我的转变过程中 For me, in my transition,

我会摄入异性性激素 I'm going to be taking cross-sex hormones,

也就是睾酮 which is testosterone,

那会让我的身体更加男性化 which will have a masculising effect on my body.

在转变过程中身边有一群人支持你 Having a good support network whilst you're transitioning

非常重要 is so important.

我最好的朋友 弗莱彻和格雷 My best friends, Fletch and Grey,

在我转变过程中很支持我 have been amazing throughout the whole process.

-嗨 你还好吗 -很好 你呢 - Hiya. How are you- I'm good. You?

-嗨 -嗨 - Hello. - Hello.

丽莎来自同性恋 双性恋及变性者中心 Lisa from the LGBT centre,

我们称她为变性者的仙女妈妈 we call her the Fairy Trans Mother.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20180313/Being-Transgender-26.html