TED十佳演讲之感动重临 我的多调人声(01)

发表时间:2017-12-07内容来源:VOA英语学习网

I'd like you all to ask yourselves a question which you may never have asked yourselves before:

我希望你们先问你们自己一个问题,这个问题可能你们从没问过自己

What is possible with the human voice?

人的声音能干些什么?

What is possible with the human voice?

人的声音能干些什么?

It was coming straight for me. I had to. It was, yeah.

它直接朝我飞过来,打到我了,疼啊

As you can probably well imagine, I was a strange child.

你们大概能想到,我原先是个怪小孩儿

Because the thing is, I was constantly trying to extend my repertoire of noises to be the very maximum that it could be.

因为我时常尝试把我的声音技能发挥到极限

I was constantly experimenting with these noises. And I'm still on that mission.

我时常用这些声音做实验。现在我仍在干那事儿

I'm still trying to find every noise that I can possibly make.

我仍希望找到自己能够制造出的声音

And the thing is, I'm a bit older and wiser now,

但是我现在年龄大了,也变聪明了

and I know that there's some noises I'll never be able to make because I'm hemmed in

因为身体构造的局限性,我知道有些声响是我永远都发不出来的

by my physical body, and there's things it can't do.

总有事情是它做不了的

And there's things that no one's voice can do.

有些声响没有人的嗓音能够完成

For example, no one can do two notes at the same time.

比如说,人声不能同时发出两个音符

You can do two-tone singing, which monks can do, which is like...

但你可以同时发出双音调,和尚们就能做到,像这样

But that's cheating. And it hurts your throat.

但那是作弊。而且会伤到喉咙。

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20171207/517659.html