美语情景对话 第99期:飞车一族 Motorcycles

发表时间:2017-11-14内容来源:VOA英语学习网

Howard: Hi, Todd.

你好,托德。

Todd: Hey, how's it going, Howard? So I heard that you're really into motorcycles.

你好,你过得怎么样,霍华德?我听说你很迷摩托车?

Howard: Ah, yes, I love motorcyles. I've been riding motorcycles since I was 15 years old.

是的,我喜欢摩托车。我从15岁开始就骑摩托车了。

Todd: Oh, really. Wow! So, what's the allure of motorcycles?

哦,真的。哇!摩托车吸引你的地方在于什么?

Howard: Freedom. I like the fresh air. I like being out on my own. And I just like the feeling of riding on a bike. It's like a bicycle without having to pedal and you go a lot faster.

自由。我喜欢呼吸新鲜空气。我喜欢自己出去逛,喜欢一个人骑摩托的感觉。就好像骑着一辆没有脚踏板的自行车,而且速度很快。

Todd: Yeah, that's for sure. Do you have any good motorcylcle stories?

那是肯定的。你有什么好的关于摩托车的故事吗?

Howard: About 10,000 of them.

有很多很多。

Todd: Well, have you ever like taken a special trip on a motorcycle?

你喜欢骑摩托车专门去旅行吗?

Howard: I've been all over the East coast of the United States, from Pennsylvania to Florida on a motorcycle.

我期摩托车走遍了美国东海岸,从宾夕法尼亚州出发一直到弗罗里达州。

Todd: Oh, wow.

哇。

Howard: Yeah, I've travelled many times and many different kinds of roads, and taken all kinds of camping trips on bikes.

我旅行过很多次,每次都走不同的路线。经历过各种野外露营。

Todd: Wow, sounds great. So do you usually travel alone or in a group?

哇,听起来不错。你经常独自旅行还是参团旅行?

Howard: Almost always I go alone. Some guys like to travel together but I found I enjoyed it by myself most of all.

我几乎都是独自旅行的。有的人喜欢集体旅行,但我发现自己很享受独自旅行。

Todd: Oh really. Oh, wow. Don't you get kind of lonely?

真的吗。哇,你不会觉得有点儿孤单吗?

Howard: Never, there's always a new adventure on every trip.

从来没有,每次旅行都是一场新的探险。

Todd: Have you ever made any special friends out on the road?

你在旅途中结识过什么特别的朋友吗?

Howard: Sure, bikers are like a special kind of fraternity. Every biker knows each other, and we're all very close even though we're not close.

当然,骑手之间就像一个兄弟会。每个骑手都认识彼此,虽然我们之间可能相距很远,但我们彼此都很亲近。

注:译文属Tingvoa英语原创,未经允许,请勿转载。

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20171114/511127.html