权力的游戏:第244期:第十八章 凯特琳(26)

发表时间:2017-09-13内容来源:VOA英语学习网

It's true. I saw it, one of the rapers put in.

是真的,俺亲眼看到的。其中一名强奸犯说。

He broke my wrist, Grenn said again, holding it out to Noye for inspection.

他把我的手给打断了。葛兰边说边举起手给诺伊看。

The armorer gave the offered wrist the briefest of glances.

武器师傅瞟了他手腕一眼,

A bruise. Perhaps a sprain. Maester Aemon will give you a salve.

我看只是擦伤,顶多扭到,伊蒙师傅那里有的是好膏药。

Go with him, Todder, that head wants looking after. The rest of you, return to your cells. Not you, Snow. You stay.

陶德,你跟他一块去,头上的伤注意一下。其他人回营去。雪诺留下。

Jon sat heavily on the long wooden bench as the others left, oblivious to the looks they gave him, the silent promises of future retribution. His arm was throbbing.

琼恩重重地坐回长板凳,不理睬其他人离去时的眼神,那眼神仿佛在向他保证事情没这么容易解决。他的手一阵抽痛。

The Watch has need of every man it can get, Donal Noye said when they were alone. Even men like Toad. You won't win any honors killing him.

守夜人需要每一份力量,待他人都离开后,唐纳诺伊道,甚至像是癞哈蟆这种人。杀了他,你也没什么光荣可言。

Jon's anger flared. He said my mother was...

琼恩怒火中烧。他说我妈是—

...a whore. I heard him. What of it?

是个婊子。我听到了。那又如何?

Lord Eddard Stark was not a man to sleep with whores, Jon said icily. His honor...

艾德史塔克公爵才不是会去逛窑子的人,琼恩冷冷地说,他的荣誉...

did not prevent him from fathering a bastard. Did it?

免不了他在外面生出个私生子,不是么?

Jon was cold with rage. Can I go?

琼恩气得浑身发冷。我可以走了吗?

You go when I tell you to go.

我说可以你才可以。

Jon stared sullenly at the smoke rising from the brazier, until Noye took him under the chin, thick fingers twisting his head around.

琼恩恨恨地盯着火盆升起的白烟,直到诺伊伸出粗壮的手托住他下巴,把他的头粗暴地扭过来。

Look at me when I'm talking to you, boy.

小子,我跟你说话的时候看着我。

Jon looked. The armorer had a chest like a keg of ale and a gut to match.

于是琼恩看着他。武器师傅的胸膛宽阔得像个酒桶,肚子更是大得惊人。

His nose was flat and broad, and he always seemed in need of a shave.

他的鼻子又宽又扁,那一脸胡子好似从来没刮。

The left sleeve of his black wool tunic was fastened at the shoulder with a silver pin in the shape of a longsword.

他的黑羊毛外衣左襟用一个长剑形状的别针系在肩头。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

1.return to 回到;恢复到

Then we had to tell him he had to return to the hell he had just left.

然而我们却必须告诉他,他不得不再继续回到那个刚刚离开的地狱。

There is a child inside all of us, whether we realize it or not. And sometimes we return to that child like state.

不管我们是否意识到,在我们所有人内心都有个小孩,而有时候我们会回到那个孩子的状态。

2.sleep with 与...发生关系

Did you sleep with her?

你和她睡觉了吗?

He likes to sleep with his knees drawn up.

他喜欢蜷伏着睡觉。

3.talk to 责备;与…谈话

What should I talk to her?

我该对她说什么呢?

I would like to talk to the manager himself.

我要和经理本人谈一谈。

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20170913/493739.html