《名人传记》之成为简·奥斯汀 第29期:有绅士风度的男人

发表时间:2017-09-13内容来源:VOA英语学习网

With,I hope,some humour.How does it end?

不过我希望还能剩下些幽默 怎么结束的

They both make triumphant,happy endings.

他们都心想事成了 大团圆

CRIptaccess="never" menu="false" loop="false" play="true" wmode="transparent" height="400" width="500" src="http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMjYzMjE2MTY0OA==/v.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

Brilliant marriages?Incandescent marriages to very rich men.

美满的婚姻 光耀的婚姻 嫁给了富有的男人

You asked me a question.

你问过我一个问题

I am ready to give you an answer.But there is one matter to be settled.

我现在可以回答你 不过有一件事情要先解决

I cannot make you out,Mr Wisley.

我没法跟你交往下去 卫斯理先生

At times,you are the most gentlemanlike man I know and yet you would.

有时候 你是我见过的 最有绅士风度的男人 但是你

"Yet". What a sad word.And yet,you write yourself most tellingly to great effect.

"但是"是个不详的字眼 但是 你写的那个东西实在是太过分了

I'm speaking,of course,of your letter. What letter?

我说的是你写的那封信 什么信

Was your aunt the correspondent on your behalf?What matter?

你姨妈那封信不是替你写的吗 无所谓了

One way or another,passion makes fools of us all.

爱会让人变傻 不管是哪种形式的爱

I hope,in time,passion may regain your better opinion.

我希望 随着时间的流逝 你会重拾对感情的信心

The emotion is absurd.

情感都是荒谬的

When you consider the sex to whom it is often directed indistinguishable from folly.

你一旦对某人付出情感 那你就是愚不可及

I thank you for the honour of your proposal.I accept. Good day.

我非常荣幸接受你的求婚 再见

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20170913/493649.html