TED十佳演讲之入门 学校扼杀创造力(05)

发表时间:2017-09-10内容来源:VOA英语学习网

How annoying would that be? "Must try harder."

多么不可思议。“你要努力学习”。

Being sent to bed by his dad, you know, to Shakespeare, "Go to bed, now! And put the pencil down."

你能想象他父亲边说边把他抱上床,“现在该睡觉了,放下笔。

"And stop speaking like that. It's confusing everybody."

别再写那些东西了,别人都看不懂。”

Anyway, we moved from Stratford to Los Angeles, and I just want to say a word about the transition.

话说远了,刚才说到我们从Stratford搬到洛杉矶,我想说的是。

My son didn't want to come. I've got two kids; he's 21 now, my daughter's 16.

对于这次搬家,我儿子并不愿意。我有两个孩子。儿子现在21岁了,女儿16岁。

He didn't want to come to Los Angeles. He loved it, but he had a girlfriend in England.

我儿子不愿搬到洛杉矶。虽然他喜欢这,但在英国,他有个女友。

This was the love of his life, Sarah. He'd known her for a month.

是他的最爱,叫Sarah。他们认识只有一个月后就开始交往了。

Mind you, they'd had their fourth anniversary, because it's a long time when you're 16.

我们要搬家时他们已交往了4年。这对于16岁的年龄来说已经很长了。

He was really upset on the plane, he said, "I'll never find another girl like Sarah."

我儿子上了飞机后很郁闷,他说:“我再也找不到像Sarah那样的女孩了。”

And we were rather pleased about that, frankly...

但说实话,做为家长的我们为此很庆幸。

Because she was the main reason we were leaving the country.

因为那个女孩是我们搬家的主要原因。

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20170910/492836.html