摩登家庭(Modern Family) 第03季 第22集 第07期

发表时间:2017-08-12内容来源:VOA英语学习网

一盒录影带朝我脑门飞了过来 a video cassette flying at my head.

你不是真的拉大提琴吧 You do not play the cello.

是的 虽说有点怪咖 我不在乎 I do. Even geekier--I'm good.

那好 回答我一个问题 Okay, answer me this--

回答你十个问题都行 I will answer you this.

为什么人们总是随身拖着大提琴 Why do people carry cellos around?

也没见人拖着钢琴到处走啊 You know, people aren't expected to lug a piano around.

可不是嘛 大提琴 任我行 I know, right? Like, go where the cello is.

瞧瞧他们 我无心插了一柳 Oh, look at this. I think I've inadvertently

倒是给一14岁小萝莉和一大学男孩遮上了荫 set up my 14-year-old with a college boy.

那男孩是你找来的 The boy was your doing?

是啊 是啊 完美的男子 Yes. Yes, and he was perfect,

海莉之前对他还是挺有好感的 and Haley was into him until,

直到我们撞见了迪兰 of course, we ran into Dylan.

说真的 怎么会有那么巧的事情 I mean, come on, dad. What are the odds of that happening?

这世界小得很 It's a small world.

可不是嘛 Yes, it is.

-瞧见我刚刚的风采了吗 -我懂 - You see what I did there? - I did.

-一把年纪疯狂玩 -我懂 我懂 老爸 - 'Cause it's a ride. - I got it. Got it, dad. I got it.

真是让我太沮丧了... It's so frustrating because...

我知道我不能替海莉做主 I know I can't run Haley's life for her,

不过如果她同意了 我肯定干得特别棒 but if she would let me, I would be so good at it.

对啊 父母可是最会替孩子着想了 Right, 'cause parents always know what's best for their kids.

还记得我办公室里那个好女孩 You remember that nice girl at the office

就是我打算介绍个米奇的那个吗 I tried to fix Mitch up with?

无意冒犯 不过在理解孩子的"需求"方面 No offense, dad, but I think I probably have

我的能力应该是比你更胜一筹的 a better sense of what my kids need than you did.

你这么想可真是天真 I think it's cute you think that.

老妈 Mom!

玩得真是爽极了 It was so awesome!

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20170812/Modern-Family-03-22-7.html