TED演讲:小国家的大想法--摒弃化石燃料(09)

发表时间:2017-08-11内容来源:VOA英语学习网

So what comes next? The people.

那么接下来呢?我们的百姓。

How do we get people to own this?

我们如何才能让人们去接受这个想法?

How do we get people to believe that it's possible to build a society without fossil fuels?

我们如何才能让人们相信,建造一个没有石油的社会是有可能的?

A lot of work from the ground up is needed.

从最基本的工作开始是必经过程。

That is why, in 2014, we created Costa Rica Limpia.

这就是为什么在2014年的时候,我们创建了Costa Rica Limpia (“纯净哥斯达黎加”)。

"Limpia" means "clean,"

"Limpia" (西班牙语)的意思是“干净”,

because we want to empower and we want to inspire citizens.

因为我们想启发、鼓励我们的公民。

If citizens don't get engaged, clean transportation decisions will be bogged down by endless,

如果公民们不参与开发无污染的交通系统的决定

and I mean endless, technical discussions, and by avalanches of lobbying by various established interests.

将会被无限的技术研讨会所淹没,和代表不同利益的组织所游说阻挠。

Wanting to be a green country powered by renewables is already part of our story.

成为一个全由可再生资源供电的绿色国家的这个想法,早已是我们国家故事中的一个篇章。

We should not let anybody take that away from us.

我们不能让任何人夺走属于我们的故事。

Last year, we brought people from our seven provinces to talk about climate change in terms that matter to them,

去年,我们聚集了从7个省来的群众讨论了气候变化对于他们的影响。

and we also brought this year another group of Costa Ricans to talk about renewable energy.

而今年我们又聚集了另一群哥斯达黎加人讨论了可再生资源。

And you know what? These people disagree on almost everything

你们猜怎么着?这些群众平常几乎是没有众口一致过的,

except on renewable energy and clean transportation and clean air. It brings people together.

但他们在关于可再生资源,无污染交通系统和干净空气的问题上达成了一致。这也让哥斯达黎加人团结了。

And the key to real participation is to help people not to feel small.

真正能引导群众积极参与的关键,是去让人们意识到自己的一举一动不再渺小。

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20170811/484151.html