权力的游戏:第079期:第六章 凯特琳 (04)

发表时间:2017-06-19内容来源:VOA英语学习网

She was about to go to him when the knock came at the door, loud and unexpected. Ned turned, frowning. “What is it?”

她正准备起身走到他身旁,敲门声却突然传来,在这样的时刻显得尤为刺耳,出乎意料。奈德回身,皱眉道:"是谁?"

Desmond’s voice came through the door. “My lord, Maester Luwin is without and begs urgent audience.”

戴斯蒙的声音从门外传来:"老爷,鲁温学士在外面,说有急事求见。"

“You told him I had left orders not to be disturbed?”

"你有没跟他讲,我交代不准任何人打扰?"

“Yes, my lord. He insists.”

"有的,老爷,不过他坚持要见您一面。"

“Very well. Send him in.”

"好罢,让他进来。"

Ned crossed to the wardrobe and slipped on a heavy robe. Catelyn realized suddenly how cold it had become. She sat up in bed and pulled the furs to her chin. “Perhaps we should close the windows,” she suggested.

奈德走到衣橱前,披上一件厚重的长袍。凯特琳这才突然惊觉到屋里的寒意,她在床上坐起身子,把毛毯拉到下巴。"我们是不是该把窗子关起来?"她建议。

Ned nodded absently. Maester Luwin was shown in.

奈德心不在焉地点了点头,鲁温学士被引进来。

The maester was a small grey man. His eyes were grey, and quick, and saw much. His hair was grey, what little the years had left him. His robe was grey wool, trimmed with white fur, the Stark colors. Its great floppy sleeves had pockets hidden inside. Luwin was always tucking things into those sleeves and producing other things from them: books, messages, strange artifacts, toys for the children. With all he kept hidden in his sleeves, Catelyn was surprised that Maester Luwin could lift his arms at all.

学士是个瘦小的人,一身灰色。他的眼睛是灰色,但眼神敏锐,少有东西能逃过他的注意;岁月给他残留的头发也是灰的;他的长袍是灰色羊毛织成的,镶滚着白色绒边,正是史塔克家的色彩。宽大的袖子里藏有许许多多的口袋,鲁温总是忙不迭地把东西放进袖子,不时能从里面拿出书、信笺、古怪的法器、孩子们的玩具等等。想到鲁温师傅袖子里放了那么多东西,凯特琳很惊讶他的手还能活动。

The maester waited until the door had closed behind him before he spoke. “My lord,” he said to Ned, “pardon for disturbing your rest. I have been left a message.”

学士直等到身后的门关上之后方才开口:"老爷,"他对奈德说,"请原谅我打扰你们休息,有人留给我一封信。"

读物介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。本剧第一季于2011年4月17日开播,第二季于2012年4月1日回归,第三季于2013年3月31日开始播出,第四季已获得预定,将在2014年春季回归。

1. the knock came at the door 敲门声响起

2.send him in 让他进来

3. slip on 罩在外面

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20170619/467333.html