冲破铁幕(Torn Curtain) 第07期

发表时间:2017-04-20内容来源:VOA英语学习网

有些时候我不得不这么做 Anytime I've had to do a job like that,

我偷走所有的然后从中挑出有用的 I just grabbed up the whole lot and let Control sort them out.

我要找的东西不能用这种方法 What I'm after can't be got that way.

这是一个科学家从另一个科学家的头脑里拿东西 It takes a scientist to pick a scientist's brain.

我今早读报纸读到你昨晚的采访 I read in this morning's paper in your interview yesterday...

关于华盛顿取消你的反导弹工程的 something about Washington cancelling your anti-missile project.

我无法解决最终的问题 I couldn't lick the final problem.

但是那个莱比锡的教授他能 But this professor in Leipzig... he has?

是的 Yes.

-所以你要走捷径-我要试试 - So you're taking the shortcut?- I'm trying to.

华盛顿方面赞成你的疯狂的计划吗 Did Washington approve this crazy scheme of yours?

他们不知道 They don't know anything about it.

你怎么联系哥本哈根方面 Then how did you make the Copenhagen contact?

我有个朋友在高层中 Let's say I got friends in high places.

你用了多长时间决定做这件事 How long do you figure this whole thing's gonna take?

我不知道一个月两个月 I don't know. One month. Two.

一个星期两个星期 One week. Two. Depends.

我要知道我们在莱比锡的人叫什么 What I need now is the name of your agent in Leipzig.

叫寇斯卡K-O-S-K-A The name's Koska. K-O-S-K-A.

他会联系你的他组织你们从那里逃跑 You'll be contacted. Your escape will originate from there.

好了先生 Well, mister,

你要下车了 this is where you get off.

好梦 Pleasant dreams.

这里有后门吗能从后面出去吗 Is there a-a back door? Is there some other way out?

我要向 I'm gonna report you...

我们的文化部长告发你 to the Minister of Culture.

怎么了教授从正门进却从旁门出 What's wrong, Professor? In one door and out the other?

你不喜欢我们的博物馆吗 You don't like our museum?

我没看见 I've seen better.

的确是给鸟的嗯 Strictly for the birds, huh?

他们仍然这么说我们习惯于这么说都是一样 They still say that. We used to say it all the time.

的确是给"鸟"的 It's strictly for the "birds".

你不打算介绍一下吗 Well, aren't you going to introduce me?

哦这是我的亲戚 Oh, this lady's a relative.

她是我妈妈我妈妈的家族的 She's related to my mother... related to my mother's side of the family.

我答应我妈妈顺便来看望她 I just promised I'd stop by for a visit.

那很困难因为我的德语不像你的英语那样好 It's been difficult because my German isn't as good as your English.

你和我很像哪里都有亲戚 You're like me. Everywhere, relatives.

姑妈 Aunts,

叔叔无论去哪里都要带礼物 uncles, and wherever you go, it's presents, handouts.

你空着手来见亲戚教授 Where's the present, Professor?

我想在哥本哈根买点什么但是时间很紧 I was going to get one in Copenhagen, but I just didn't have time.

太不应该了 Too bad.

当然我们来点苹果酒为什么不呢谢谢 Sure, we'll have an apfelwein. Why not? Danke.

-过来教授-干什么 - Come here, Professor.- What for?

"干什么"过来那个 "What for?" Come here. That.

-什么意思-"什么意思"看那个 - What do you mean?- "What do you mean?" That.

看起来像个记号嗯 Looks like a sign. Hmm?

我不知道嗯 I don't know. Mm-hmm.

什么记号 What kind of sign?

嗯我不知道 Hmm? I don't know.

"我不知道" "I don't know"?

也许是个希腊字母 Maybe a Greek letter.

教授 Professor.

也许是∏ Maybe... pi?

数学 Mathematics.

∏是圆周长 Pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle...

和它的直径的比值对吗 to its diameter, right?

是的你受过很好的教育格鲁马克先生 Yeah. You're a very educated man, Mr. Gromek.

我念过夜校教授特殊的夜校 I went to night school, Professor. Special night school.

他们教过我们关于∏的所有东西 And they taught us all about Pi.

肮脏的廉价的间谍组织 A dirty little two-bit organization for spying and escaping!

你不能做的比他们好点吗美国代理先生 Can't you do better than them, Mr. American agent?

那里有个给你准备的大房子先生 It's the Big House for you, Professor.

你可以过很好的生活 You'll get life.

那很幸运 That's lucky, because this dolly...

大房子 Big House.

我看过许多关于监狱的电影 I used to see all those prison movies.

你知道吗 You know?

爱德华·G·鲁宾逊 Edward G. Robinson.

你曾经 Did you ever...

停手别做蠢事我受过专业训练 Cut it out. Don't be stupid. I was trained by experts.

我能你们怎么说把你的手锁到背后去 I can take you... how do you say... one arm tied behind my back.

告诉这个甜心她应该把刀放下 Tell the cookie she should put that down.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/201704/Torn-Curtain-7.html